ITGS@SMIS

Monday, September 11, 2006

On writing your essay

Obviously as you work your way through an essay, you start off with some points and then finally make a point the reason why I beginning I am going to convince you and at the bottom you are convinced right? The conclusion is kind of restating it. At the end the person’s with you. I didn’t see that a lot. Some people just stuck close to the technology. What does this mean? Why do I care whether we vote with a voting machine or push button or on paper as a voter what do I care what way it gets done? The only thing I care about is that my vote gets counted. I don’t care if it gets counted today or next week. That’s the social issue. Does the job get done?

So anybody who argued that if you were going to tell me that pushing buttons on the screen was better because it was faster. Its hardly important at all speed is not important at all. Doesn’t matter at all – speed. Just not knowing is no good. In a country that can slip through civil war if you don’t give an answer. America was civilized enough that we can sit around and work it out. People cared about voting for the first time in a long time. They cared about the system and they actually thought about it. What was fair, unfair? Speed is a good way to die quick. The funniest quote from the whole election problem, it was so funny:

6 million people voted in Florida. The chairman of the national republican party and said:
“I can’t believe they are fighting. We won by over a 1000 votes. And they want to contest it.”

Romeo, he wrote down the questions (HAHAHAHA!!)
Tanay, you are all over the place and you are also a victim of a lot of words.

I would like you to go back to your essay. Do what Romeo DID!

For Su Chen, I wrote that you summarized everything you did and its like these are your words and not my words but you need to link it to social issues.

But some people said the opposite – some people said touch screens were awesome.

Oliver’s was good.

Opinion is wrong.

XiaoXiao, good connection to issues. Just say balloting box failed and this is to people that it messed up and these are the people who benefited.

Vaibhav, no social issues.

Nitish, all technical you didn’t get into issues.

Sam, which questions are you addressing?
Romeo, are they steakholders or stakeholders?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tommy Chuang said...

my essay was godly.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home